Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Black dog days

Well, if exercise is supposed to raise your levels of 'happy-hormones', then I dread to think how I'd be feeling right now if I was still wedded to my PC every day and not cycling. I'm not depressed – just morose – and it's just one of the natural swings of life which irritate. Think of Tigger being glum, and that's about where I am. Still, I know it's temporary and can I recommend The Desiderata for such moments? If you ever feel the need to adopt a philosophy which doesn't require a place of worship, this wonderful pose poem takes some beating.
 
Be careful. Strive to be happy. 
 
(Oh, the postman delivered a small bottle of PTFE, this morning. I used to avoid this substance like BBC 70's children's presenters, but my bicycle chain seemed to appreciate it.)

No comments: