Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Suffolk Sunrise 2013

The me that I was a year ago would not believe he was capable of what this new me can do. Last Sunday I rode the Suffolk Sunrise 100 in aid of Action Medical Research for Children and completed the 100 miles in 6hrs 20 mins. (Once again, many thanks to those who sponsored me.) What would be even more inconceivable to the old me was that I got up at 04.40 to get to the event and on Monday, felt no real ill effects.
In the last year, I've lost weight, sleep better, drink just the same way I used to (but don't have hangovers anymore), my concentration levels have increased, and I've fallen in love with the Suffolk countryside once more. Since one of my basic writing themes is the question of what is identity, I think the old me and the new me would have an interesting conversation. But we'd still agree on one thing:
 
Don't do stupid, it's just not clever.
Total cycled miles this year: 2022

No comments: