Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tractors, mud and sun

It couldn't last. Not only did I use up all my good luck by balancing the accumulation of bad over the last few weeks, apparently I have to continue paying. Considering the monumental good fortune I had yesterday, I think it only acceptably that I have to go back to putting up with coats the fall off their hooks when I take the one I want; just catching the doorframe with either the handle bars of my bike or a the edge of pedal so that I'm jarred off-balance; discovering that the woman in Boots' opticians who said she'd put aside a couple of pairs of glasses for me, hadn't; somehow loosing a cycle-clip while I was cycling in town; and all the other minor irritants which make up my life.
And I missed the opportunity to take a silhouette photograph of a farmer ploughing a field, but at least the sun was out. Suffolk is beautiful this time of year.
 
Oh, and I nearly got shot ... people seem to want to put pheasant on their plate and are quite happy to fire their shotguns adjacent to the roads, it seems.
 
'Till the next time: Don't do the stupid things stupid people do.
Total recorded cycled miles since 21st July 2012: 1630

No comments: