Monday, November 05, 2012

Low Pressure

A bit of a surprise today: one of my normal 4x4 zombie drivers pulled over to let me negotiate her in the narrow lane. Perhaps it was too lovely a morning to risk my blood on the bonnet.
The weather appears to have tinned out the other regular cyclists I usually see – with the temperature only a few degrees above zero, and damp roads and wet leaves everywhere, perhaps they have more sense. But I did make allowances. Another layer to keep a neutral body temperature and a pause in a lay-by to lower the pressure in the front wheel to reduce the interesting shimmy on the slimy surface. (For those interested, I normally run with 70psi in the front and 100psi in the rear.) It's infuriatingly invigorating – cold, bright mornings in the Suffolk countryside – because it means I'll have to keep this up.
 
The next few writing days are appealing: I intend to polish off a character's erotic letter, while incorporating a new idea to give the story that final 'spin' I believe it needs. The trouble is, she is only meant to be a minor part of the plot, but is taking on the guise of sub-protagonist. Oh, well, keep the readers wanting more ...
 
Being well aware of the laws on libel, I would like to make some remarks about an individual who is a candidate for a local election. I believe, however, it will more suspenseful if I do not disclose who he is, what the job is, and what I think of him. If you know me, you can work it out. If you really know me, you already have an inkling about what words I usually use to describe him.
Isn't imagination terrific?
 
Don't do stupid – it's just not clever.
Total recorded cycled miles since 21st July 2012: 1690

No comments: