Friday, November 09, 2012

Natural Break

One of the problems with wearing spandex and lycra (when cycling) is that I have yet to see them available in muted colours. I'm all for increasing the possibility of impinging onto the consciousness of a zombie by whatever means, but trying to merge into the bushes for a natural break when clothed in this way can get complicated. Especially when, having mentally prepared myself for stopping at one of my regular spots, I discover at least twenty members of the local women's dog-walking society are hell-bent on taking up all the lane and are so busy chatting it takes three attempts to get their attention to get them to move aside. I must admit to being a little curt – I was in in hurry to take my spandex and lycra to another semi-secluded spot. Mind you, if I'd paused where I had planned, I suppose that would have provided a different talking point ... and a discussion with the one of Suffolk's finest.
 
Don't do stupid – it's just not clever.
Total recorded cycled miles since 21st July 2012: 1786

No comments: