Monday, December 03, 2012

New week, new bike

Tried out my new frameset on Saturday. I believe I had five layers on and still felt a tad cold. Today, however, while it may be milder, there appears to be more mud on the roads than a week ago and the spandex and lycra is being washed as I write. This may appear classic boring-and-too-much-information-thank-you-blog-entry, but it's preamble to me being made aware about change on my ride this morning.
In the space of a week, as I slowly recover from the calf injury, I have returned to cycling my normal route and have been startled at how the countryside has altered in that brief period. It has a more stark, bleak appearance than it did previously. As the sub-text of my next SF is going to be about the present and how it is built up from every moment of the past (and is itself the next sequence for the future), I savoured the experience. It was rather Zen-like and beautiful. And since my life seems to revolve around synchronicity, it only seems appropriate that my order for T. S. Eliot's FOUR QUARTETS to use as reference arrived today. Stand the shoulders of giants, folks, and you can see for miles ...
 
Still revising the first part of my WW2 trilogy. Currently taking an axe to the first few chapters. Bliss.
 
Don't do stupid – it's just not clever.
Total recorded cycled miles since 21st July 2012: 1932

No comments: