Monday, October 18, 2010

The Art of Inspiration

I now have a basic outline for my next book and I am sure I could make it an entertaining read, except … except that lurking in the corners of my subconscious is an even better idea.  I know it is there, I can sense it.  The trick is to find some way for it to emerge so I can use it.  In some ways, I find this to be the most enjoyable part of writing – the seeking out of the best story.  As always, I have to let myself just free-associate – surfing on the web helps – and I am beginning to zero in on it.  All it will take is uncovering of some relatively unknown fact about Himmler or Goebbels and it will all slot into place.  I have already discovered a couple of interesting titbits.

Note to potential authors: keep a writing pad and pen beside your bed – inspiration likes to taunt.



No comments: