Monday, September 12, 2011

Work, work, work

For those of you who are not tagged as my ‘friends’ on Facebook, here’s an update on my latest SF novel. I’m 30 000 words in, just over a seventh of the way done according to my outline, so the prospect of an humongous work that will need editing down to saleable size look entirely possible. Still, it’s better than coming up with new media slants on the events of 11th September, 2001. With all due respect to the grief the various siblings presumably suffered, who was the creative genius who came up with the idea for Twins of The Twin Towers? Did you punch the air, arsehole, when it popped into your sad little brain? I’m all for free speech, but a modicum of self-censorship can go a long way. For instance, if I wrote exactly what I think of people like you, I’d probably have MI5 knocking on the door for inciting a riot via the internet. (That’s the trouble with writing an action gothic SF book … conflict, conflict, conflict. It seeps out into real life. I’ll go and have a little lie down, now.)

No comments: