Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Phew! Hardcore!

Let's face a stark truth which no amount of gentle self-deprecation can obscure. If you were a bit flush with cash a few years ago and purchased a cycle trainer which enables you to convert your road bike to an exercise bike in the comfort of your kitchen with ready access to hot drinks, music and central heating, you'd have to be some kind of idiot to willingly go out for a cycle ride today. Yet, I did. Cycling back home in the teeth of a sharp, cold wind that had me seeking the lower gears of my bike, I did find time to wonder at how far I'm taking this hobby. But there are compensations in such lunacy. If you look with the right kind of vision, there is still beauty to be found in bleakness of the beginning of winter.
Though from the number of shotguns I heard being used, it seems as though someone was intent on reducing nature's contribution ...
 
Helped the in-laws today by assembling a book case. The instruction sheet was basic, but the problem-solving required was far more complex. I discovered I may have some brains – though today's excursion may demonstrate otherwise ...
 
Don't do stupid – it's just not clever.
Total recorded cycled miles since 21st July 2012: 1972
Max ever recorded speed: 35.6 mph

No comments: